787 – 3.175 bhp (587 – 2.368 bkW)
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, IMO III
The 3516E is an auxiliary marine engine available in a wide range of power ratings that meet U.S. emissions standards. EPA Tier 4 Final and IMO III for marine engines.
Among the main innovations we find:
- engine combination with optimized fuel efficiency
- after-treatment system with selective catalytic reduction (SCR, Selective Catalytic Reduction) which is capable of reducing NOx emissions;
- containment of customer ownership and operating costs in the process;
- performance optimization while fully complying with regulations, thus meeting EPA Tier 4 Final and IMO III emission standards.
Why Choosing It
The 3516E uses SCR technology to meet U.S. emissions standards. EPA Tier 4 Final, also reducing operating costs; the auxiliary engine complies with IMO III emissions standards
It adopts a closed-loop def dosage control strategy with pneumatic assistance
To reduce operating costs, extend the useful life of the emissions treatment system, ensure compliance with standards and flexibility regarding urea quality, Caterpillar has focused on maximum mixing and control efficiency for this engine.
Advanced engine combustion design
To ensure maximum engine efficiency, an advanced engine combustion design process has been implemented that takes advantage of optimal cylinder configurations and geometries
Better control of fuel injection
With the 3516E auxiliary engine, better control of fuel injection is guaranteed, optimized through crankshaft timing and the most innovative A5 ECM technology.
Better fuel delivery
Thanks to the optimal geometry of the injector nozzles and electronic injection control, better fuel delivery is guaranteed
Increased engine life and duty cycle capacity
The heads and valves are reinforced to ensure longer life and maximum cylinder pressure capacity to increase the engine’s duty cycle capacity
Industry-leading warranty coverage for factory-assembled components
Global Dealer Network
Caterpillar’s extensive global dealer network is always ready to support you, wherever you are, at any time.
|787 – 3.175 bhp (587 – 2.368 bkW)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ENGINE
|U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, IMO III
|4-stroke diesel configuration V 16
|Rotation from the flywheel side
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
The engine includes standard equipment, already included in the purchase package. They are:
AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
- Corrosion-resistant aftercooler core
- A5 dual engine control module with electronic unit injection and low-pressure fuel system
- Auxiliary fresh water pump
- Gear driven centrifugal jacket water pump with flow rate over 40%
- Twin turbocharger with water-cooled bearings and heat shields
- Double fuel and oil filter
- Vibration damper and protection
- Complies with SOLAS regulations
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.