The C7.1 TIER 3/IMO2 II propulsion engine stands out for its immediate response time and prompt acceleration. The electrical system can be 12 V or 24 V. The jacket water pump and the gear-driven sea water pump make it reliable like few others.
The valve train requires no maintenance with valve lash adjusters.
Its ease of use is evident: it is compatible with Caterpillar displays and electronic components; the fuel system is self-priming to always guarantee smooth starting.
Three reasons to choose it?
- Its common rail fuel system allows for optimal combustion with low levels of emissions and no visible smoke.
- Advanced electronic control lowers combustion noise levels.
- The crankcase ventilation system is closed to allow better cleaning of the engine room.
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
|Minimum dry engine weight
|Maximum dry engine weight
|Diesel, 4-stroke, and 6-cylinder in line
|Emissions U.S. emissions certification EPA Tier 3/IMO II (Commercial), RCD 2016 compliant, EU Stage IIIA, CCNR Stage II in reciprocity with EU Stage IIIA
|Nominal engine speed
|Intake With turbocharger and intake aftercooler
|Electronic (A5E2 V2 ECM)
|Oil lubrication system with filter replacement: 20 L (5.3 gal)
|Oil change interval
|Cooling system Heat exchanger or keel cooling
|SAE Flywheel No. 03 with SAE 11.5 inches
|Counterclockwise rotation from the flywheel side
The engine includes standard equipment, already included in the purchase package.
- Gear liner water pump
- Corrosion-resistant seawater aftercooler
- Fuel cooler
- Water-cooled turbocharger and exhaust manifold
- Common Rail fuel system
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Vibration damper and protection
- V-belt transmission with self-tensioning
- Ventilation system for closed base
- Integrated engine oil cooler
- Front and rear engine mounting brackets
- Starters – 12V or 24V
Equipment on Demand
Upon request, the following equipment can be added to the engine:
AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
- Various configurations with 6″ water-cooled exhaust elbow
- Engine-mounted bilge pumps and auxiliary water pumps with electromagnetic clutch
- Jacket water shell and tube heat exchanger and gear driven seawater pump (rubber impeller)
- Jacket water heater
- Connections for cabin heater (heater)
- SOLAS double wall high pressure fuel line kit
- Left and right oil level dipsticks
- Transmission oil cooler (engine mounted)
- Additional transmission and engine sensor kits for on-board and remote monitoring
- Engine Mounted Secondary Alternator – 24V & 100amp or 12V & 175amp
- Incandescent glow plugs
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.